Thursday, 20 June 2013

Exercise for today - Thursday, 21 / 06

The Workout:

60 minute run - about 8.4 km
30 minutes Blogilates as per Beginner's Calendar 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8CRUrRekOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5ZTVQnsBw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faQ9lkjiRaM
My exercise:

  • Strength: Five minutes
  • Flexibility: Five minutes targeting stretching

Cool down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O79OsbeHBno
  • Five minute yoga video for stress relief
Today's lesson is similar to that of yesterday: do not procrastinate your exercise to later on in the day. Even if you have to go out of your way to get up early and run, do it. Do that as opposed to doing it later. Why? Well folks weather is a bitch. If you procrastinate you will get hailed on. Take that as a general rule - procrastination = painful hailstorm.

I woke up this morning enjoying feeling my muscles not sore, but used from yesterday. It is a nice feeling to be aware of them even when I have stopped using them. My body however is yet to mastering the pre-running eating. I swear when I was younger I could pig out on as many fries as I wanted and still go off running fine. Now however, after a day of picking at bread with a friend during my sixty minute hail-lightning-thunder odysessy I felt it all in my stomach. How annoying! I hope it gets better as I get fitter.

In regards to my endurance, I only made it through this run by literally zoning out for about 20-30 minutes in the middle. My mind was elsewhere; occassionally I would wake up and look about me and not remember how I got here. Music helps me zone out like this, I know if I was a real runner or a real athlete I wouldn't listen to music, but for now I need it to trick my mind. I did not really feel tired during my run. I felt mentally tired at the thought of the hills and terrible weather ahead, but it seems you can be numb to the physical tiredness of your muscles if you do not stand still. The moment I did however... well, let's just say that I really could not manage much more than that Close-your-eyes-and-breath yoga video.

All and all, I am proud of myself for not jut exercising for three days but for exercising hard for three days. In the rain. Hell yeah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment