Monday, 3 September 2012

Frustration

I have a FOOD ADDICTION. It is BAD and it is WELL ESTABLISHED. Why will it not go away why cant eating just be another regular bodily function. It is not fair. Especially since, unlike other addictions I know of, this is merely one addiction among many... television and music and vanity and escapism all little mental highs that I switch between along with food.

What can help me? I can not do the Twelve Steps, I take issue with number two. I have to believe that I myself am strong enough, I will not find motivation to do it otherwise, because I am not a slave.

Doctor Phil says (first google result. sad, sad society) that I need to identify the motivations for my actions. Well thats a pretty hard first step. It is certainly not a physical addiction. And I know that when I begin to feel full - quite full, as in would refuse extra food - that is when I feel like stopping. Christ, what can I do instead. Blog?

I would like to go cold turkey from all my addictions. The ultimate artistic self indulgence. A diet form everything that I do not create myself. Such an ego I have. How cold it would be, how I would miss feeling a connection with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment