Saturday, 25 August 2012

68.0 KGs

My weight this morning. It is so satisfying having a flat tummy. Soooo satisfying. But then throughout the day, you have to precariously walk the tenuous tight rope of flatness and bloatedness, never knowing if the next thing you put into your mouth will tip you over.

I came across Skinny Gossip yesterday. For most people out there who are likely to google the relevant search terms to end up reading this post, they are probably quite familiar with this blog already. I'm a little late to the game I'm afriad. For those of you who do not know, Skinny Gossip seems to be a collective thinspo site, where contributors have adopted or seek to adopt Skinny as a lifestyle choice. Undoubtedly, it also serves as a gatheirng place for Ana/Mia individuals.

I can see why this site is successful. The contributors seem articulate and realistic. They do not come off as tragic cases of mental ill health and their cut-the-bullshit attitude to how appearances matter is refreshing. The aspect I find appealing howver are the number of comments that address the overt sexualisation of women's bodies that underpins the calls for voluptuous, curvy figures. I agree that beauty in the female body should not be reducible to sexiness, how big and bouncy different bits can be made. This blog helped me realise that what I find attractive about thin bodies is that they aggressively fight against this sexulisation - they even verge on child-like in their opposition.

I think I will write about this further. Because I hate being objectified.
Skinny Gossip

No comments:

Post a Comment